On Saturday October 12th, the 2nd Annual CBGB Music & Film Festival will once again culminate with a free, multi-stage concert spanning 9 city blocks on Broadway in Times Square, NYC.
Saturday, October 12, 2013
Times Square, NYC
10:00am to 7:00pm
5 stages located on Broadway showcasing over two dozen bands, artists and performers.
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Featuring Up and Coming Artists sponsored by CBGB/Sonicbids
- Lisa Loeb
- The Wallflowers
- Divine Fits
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- James Murphy djset (dfa/LCD Soundsystem)
- Grizzly Bear
- My Morning Jacket
Live Performances throughout the day!
Featuring Lisa Loeb, The Wallflowers, James Murphy djset (dfa/LCD Soundsystem) and My Morning Jacket.
Featuring Up and Coming Artists sponsored by CBGB/Sonicbids, the Divine Fits and Grizzly Bear.
Live Performances throughout the day!
Food and Activations
The all day CBGB Festival in Times Square will include a host of vendors and activations with activities for everyone in attendance. At the center of the festival will be a food court spanning an entire city block with partners/venders including:
- Luke's Lobster
- BGR - The Burger Joint
- Brooklyn Popcorn
- Crif Dogs
- House of 'Que
- Ho'Brah Taco
In addition, we have partnered with a fantastic group of vendors to deliver both interactive activities and merchandise. Some of the events and vendors include:
- Red Bull mini-ramp with skaters
- A half city block long interactive touch screen activation
- CBGB Pumpkin Fair, featuring a Smashing Pumpkin tent, and pro-carvers
- Art Commune featuring a large CBGB mural
- CBGB Salon featuring Manic Panic, nail art, and punk rock make-overs
- BUST Magazine Craftacular
- Animal BMX ramp
- Brooklyn Boulders rock climbing wall with professional instruction
- Pizza eating contest sponsored by Two Boots Pizza
- Rock-inspired face painting for our "younger" rockers
- On location interviews and filming by MTV and Q104.3
- Plus lots of fantastic classic CBGB merch, vinyl, guitars, etc.
VIP Platinum Badge Experience
For a VIP experience in Times Square there is the opportunity to purchase the VIP Platinum Badge. The VIP Platinum Badge entitles each purchaser to:
- Access to the CBGB VIP Areas in Times Square, NYC on Saturday, October 12th from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- VIP lounge and viewing areas for My Morning Jacket, The Wallflowers, Grizzly Bear, James Murphy and Divine Fits and Lisa Loeb
- VIP Climate controlled restrooms in Times Square
- Complementary beverages and food provided by Coke adn Union Square Events
- VIP Access to all Times Square Activation Activities
- VIP Access at the Artist Signing Area
- Official 2013 CBGB Festival T-Shirt & Poster
VIP Platinum Badges can purchase on Ticketmaster.com or by clicking through VIP Platinum Badge at in BADGES & TICKETS Icon above.
VIP Platinum Badges will be available for pickup on the day of the event at Will Call on Saturday, October 12th, between the hours of 9:00am and 3:00pm at the Crowne Plaza Hotel on 48th Street in the "Times Square A" Ballroom.
The Crowne Plaza Hotel
2nd Floor - Times Square A Ballroom
1605 Broadway (between 48th and 49th)
New York City, NY 10019
REMEMBER, the Platinum Badge will give you access to all of the events on October 9th to 13th. To take full advantage of the badge you can also pick up your Badge at The Bowery Electric on Wednesday, October 9th through Friday, October 11th from 12:00pm until 5:00pm each day at The Bowery Electric.
The Bowery Electric
327 Bowery (cross street is East 2nd St.)
New York, NY 10003
The CBGB Music & Film Festival, now in its second year, is the primary reincarnation of the famous punk rock club's brand. Coca-Cola, Spotify, Red Bull, MTV, Gibson Guitar, The Standard Hotel, Astral Tequila, J&R Music and Bust Magazine are sponsoring the Times Square show.
October 8th to 13th - CBGB Music & Film Festival
Overall, CBGB Music & Film Festival will feature more than 300 bands playing at more than 100 venues across the city. Additionally, there will be a hefty lineup of music industry panels and music-themed film screenings.